Snake, from the Metal Gear Solid series, now seems unlikely to return in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, while Earthbound characters Ness and Lucas will probably join the brawl once again.
Reddit user JediLink123 posted an image today of the back of the Japanese Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS box. Very little new information is revealed by the photo, other than the fact that the game is 2.1 GB in size. What seems to confirm Ness or Lucas’ inclusion and Snake’s removal is the section of the box that shows who owns the copyrights for in-game characters.
Creatures Inc. is the successor to Ape Inc., which developed the Earthbound series. Also shown are various third-parties: Sega (who own Sonic), Capcom (who own Mega Man) and Bandai Namco (who own Pac-Man). Konami, who own Snake, are missing. Is this a confirmation that Snake will not be returning?
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Nintendo of Canada Correct Themselves: Rayman Will Not Be Playable In Super Smash Bros.
- Rumor: Another Super Smash Bros Game Planned For A 2015 Release
- Best Buy Canada Announces Super Smash Bros. 4 Demo Locations
- Super Smash Bros Demo Coming In Select Best Buy Stores On June 11th And June 14th
- Meta Knight Confirmed For Upcoming Super Smash Bros.