Gaijin Games have notified people, via their forums, that a patch for the Wii U version of Runner 2 is being worked on as we speak. Among other things, the patch is said to address a problem with the game causing Wii U systems to freeze when shutting down or exiting. Here is the complete planned fix list.
Wii U Runner2 Patch Details…
A lot of you have support questions about the Wii U version of Runner2, and we’re in the process of releasing a patch for the game that will do the following:
- At the start of the game, when it asks you if you want to log in, we’ve added some feedback so it doesn’t look like the game is hanging.
- The leaderboards will only save your highest score, as expected, instead of your most recent score, which it does now.
- If you lose your internet connection during play, we’ve allowed you to reconnect by going to the leaderboards menu.
- We’ve fixed false score reporting for in-game Rewards.
- We’ve fixed an issue with the level start mini-leaderboard telling you you’re offline when you’re actually online. It will populate this list with global scores if you don’t have any friends who have played the game yet.
- We’ve fixed an issue in the settings menu that resets your settings every time you enter the menu.
And last, but not least, we’ve tried to fix the issue that locks up the Wii U system upon powering down or quitting out of the game via the HOME Menu.
But a note on that final issue: We had never experienced this issue on our devkits, during development, so it seems that this is an issue that only occurs on retail Wii Us. This makes it super gnarly to debug. It might not even be our bug. But we have tried to fix it.
Thanks to everyone who is playing and loving the Wii U version! We truly appreciate all the positive feedback, and rest assured that we are listening to all your feedback and considering everything you say!
After all, we have made this game for you to enjoy, and we want to make sure you can enjoy the pants off of it.
<3 – Gaijin Games
Article from Gamersyndrome.com