Long awaited and, quite overdue, the reveal of the new xbox console is tomorrow. We have been given rumours and tidbits over the last couple of months but now the truth comes out tomorrow. Here is what we know (and don’t know) so far:
- After first being called Durango, then many people coming to refer to it as the Xbox 720 and many domain names referring to “Xbox Fusion” and now many believing it will be called “Xbox Infinity” one thing is for sure… we really have no idea what it’s going to be called.
- The specs of the console have all but been revealed. Here’s what we believe they are:
a) An 8-core x86 CPU made by AMD, based on the “Jaguar” core. (very simlar to the PS4’s CPU)
b) An AMD graphics processor based on the Radeon 7000 series, with 12 shader cores (similar to the PS4’s GPU, only the PS4 has 16 cores)
c) 8GB of DDR3 memory (the PS4 also has 8GB of RAM, but it’s faster GDDR5 memory) 32MB of very fast embedded SRAM
d) A hard drive in every box (of unspecified size)
e) A fast Blu-ray drive
f) Built-in Wi-Fi
g) Dedicated hardware for encryption, audio and video compression, and processing Kinect input
- Games announced such as The Witcher 3, Thief and a third Mafia game and Battlefield 4. We can also expect a Call of Duty and Halo 5 and 6
- The final end to that confusing mess of currency known as Microsoft points
- We have no idea how much it’s going to cost but if patterns of the last few generations are anything to run on then we can guess it’ll be between the $499-$600 range
So there you have it, most of what you need to know for tomorrow’s reveal. If I happened to miss anything, let everyone know in the comments below. See you all tomorrow!
Article from Gamersyndrome.com