Sony and Microsoft may be finally revealing their answer to the Wii U, and it could be very soon. A new report claims both companies are planning press conferences weeks before E3.
According to rumours published in the latest issue of Game Informer, Sony and Microsoft are “working on “special Apple-style press conferences” to be held close to the Game Developers Conference in March.
“We hear that both Sony and Microsoft are targeting special Apple-style press conferences to unveil their platforms near the Game Developers Conference in late March,” reads the Game Informer report.
“E3 in June may be the industry’s biggest event, but both companies want to give their systems their own limelight.”
CVG have also reached out to their sources on the matter, who have confirmed that the Xbox 720/Durango and PS4 will be revealed before E3. No specific dates were provided.
Game Informer are also predicting that Sony will release the PS4 before the next Xbox.
Which console are you looking forward to? Will you be buying the next Xbox and/or PS4 this year, or will you be sticking with the Wii U?
[Source: Game Informer via CVG]
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Activision: Another Next-Gen Console Will Challenge Wii U Next Year – PS4 or Next Xbox Incoming?
- Report claims PS4 will release in 2012, have motion capture tech
- Rumors Indicate Xbox Durango and PS4 for 2013
- Xbox 360, PC to Get Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo First on March 1
- Rumor: Playstation 4 Hitting Shelves On Christmas 2013