Typically, E3 is the biggest time of the year for gaming news. Gamers anxiously await for news c0nferences from their favorite developers to see what they should look forward to in gaming. Nintendo apparently didn’t get the memo and decided to release a huge amount of information today. They didn’t just release details about one game, but about a variety of important Nintendo franchises with the only notable omission being the Metroid series.
Let’s look at a breakdown of the news:
– Firstly, they announced that a NEW Zelda is being developed!!! It is still early in it’s development but Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma promises that the game will use its early games as inspiration.
– Keeping with Zelda, they are also making a HD remake with GamePad capabilties of the GameCube favorite, Wind Waker, and it will be released in August of the year. The visuals that were shown today were incredible and fans of the series should be eager to play this while they wait for the new Zelda game.
– They also announced that at E3 they will show off a new Super Smash Bros game that will be available on Wii U and the 3DS, along with a new 3D Mario adventure made by the same developers of the Super Mario Galaxy games . They didn’t release any details about the games, but promised that there will be playable versions come June.
– They then announced that a new crossover game is coming called Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and a thematic trailer along with it.
– The developers of the Wii game Xenoblade Chronicles are creating a brand new RPG for Wii U. The details are scarce once more, but the trailer showed off interesting combat and fantastic graphics. It’s unclear if this will be another installment of the Xeno series or a standalone game.
– This isn’t surprising news, but Nintendo will be launching its Virtual Console in April with only NES and SNES games to begin with. The pricing will be the same as with the Wii but if you already bought the game you can pay a low price to unlock the GamePad and Miiverse functionality for those games. There will also be low prices on games ($0.30!!!) for the first 30 days.
– One of the biggest games on the Wii was Wii Party and there will be another released this summer for Wii U. For those who aren’t familiar, Wii Party is a collection of mini-games.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com