Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have revealed the PC requirements for the new Tomb Raider game, as well as releasing a new combat trailer to get you excited. The game is set to release on March 5 in North America and Europe, and April 25 in Japan.
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM – AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT/nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU – AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)/Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM – AMD Radeon HD 4870/nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU – AMD Phenom II X2 565/Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.
With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island’s past.
As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move.
• Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
• Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
• Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter’s ultimate weapon, the bow.
• Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.
• Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
• One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
• Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft’s transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island’s mysterious past.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com