Last month Ubisoft promised a patch based on community feedback is coming for Far Cry 3 and now it’s available. For players who have completed Far Cry 3, it introduces a new Master difficulty to the game as well as the option to reset outposts and capture them again. It also adds more customize-ability to the game’s interface, allowing you to toggle certain HUD elements on and off.
On the multiplayer side the most notable new feature is the ability for map creators to beta test their work from a special playlist before making them public. The map finding process has also been streamlined, allowing you to filter by creator. Also idle players no longer get kicked out of private and custom matches and voting time for maps has been increased. The update is out now on all platforms.
FAR CRY 3 – PATCH UPDATE
WHAT: Far Cry 3 – New Far Cry 3 Patch Includes Fan Requested Features
Today, Ubisoft announced the release of a new patch for Far Cry 3, introducing a number of new features requested by players on both single player and multiplayer modes. The patch is now live for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® computer entertainment system and Windows PC.
Based on community feedback gathered by the Far Cry 3 team, the features added or tweaked by this patch are an on-going effort to respond to players and give them more reasons to re-visit Rook Islands, to improve their skills with tougher challenges, and to re-discover the Far Cry 3 world. These new elements include:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again.
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife.
- New HUD/UK settings: allowing most on-screen information can be toggled on/off in the settings.
- Map Beta Test: Players who upload a new map can now publish it as a beta test to monitor how it is played and improve it before releasing to other players.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to search all the maps created by an author.
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches.
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote
Far Cry 3 is now available.
For more information on Far Cry 3, please follow the game on Facebook at www.facebook.com/farcry, or visit www.farcrygame.com
Article from Gamersyndrome.com