The Guided Fate Paradox is one of the most interesting Nippon Ichi titles coming in the near future: the game is a roguelike dungeon crawler with a lot of interesting features and the usual wacky humor which makes the Nippon Ichi titles so entertaining.
It’s not the first time the conpany produces a dungeon crawler: ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman was released on PSP a few years ago and it has been somewhat successful, as far as a niche title is concerned of course.
Instead of developing a sequel for the game, the developers have decided to create an all new game and they talk about the reasons behind this decision with Siliconera.
Sohei Niikawa, Nippon Ichi’s President, stated that while the game was really nice, it lacked the charm of the Disgaea titles, become somewhat generic, with a 80s superheroes feel which is really niche everywhere. Using the gameplay formula of ZHP with an all new setting created by a famous illustrator, Noizi Ito, allowed the developers to create that charm that was missing in the previous titles. Nippon Ichi wanted gamers to enjooy the whole. package and not just the gameplay experience.
The Guided Fate Paradox will be available this fall exclusively on Ps3.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Nippon Ichi “Project D” is actually Disgaea Dimension 2
- Additional Details About Paradox Interactive Convention 2010
- Win a trip to the Paradox Interactive Convention 2010 in Stockholm
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory Getting An European Release
- Interview with the Winners of the Paradox Interactive Convention 2010 Contest