To my absolute delight, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is selling very well. March was a big month for game releases; Bioshock, Tomb Raider, and Gears were just a few of the big names and I worried people may forget about everyone’s favourite Italian ghost-buster.
Dark Moon continues to dominate Japan in the top spot for the third time running. The game sold 68,423 units just this week, totalling 459,000 units since it went on sale on March 20th.
But you know what the most impressive thing about this is? It’s beaten even Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which has been a phenomenal system-seller up until now even beating Black Ops 2 for number one. Check out the figures yourself:
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013
- [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013
- [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission
- [Wii] Taiko Drum Master Wii Super Wonderful Edition
- [PSV] Muramasa Rebirth
- [PSP] Fate/Extra CCC
- [Wii U] Game & Wario
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 34,180 (38,442)
- Nintendo 3DS – 22,684 (28,538)
- PlayStation Vita – 19,328 (31,795)
- Wii U – 16,807 (22,829)
- PlayStation 3 – 14,783 (19,069)
- PSP – 8,876 (12,594)
- Wii – 1,718 (1,858)
- Xbox 360 – 536 (598)
Having played through the Dark Moon, it is now my favourite 3DS title. Nintendo’s ‘Year of Luigi’ could not have started off better for the green-garbed chap, and I’ll remain addicted to that multiplayer for a long time.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com