Yesterday we have reported that Square Enix might release a new Final Fantasy X game if there was enough demand for it. Judging from the new Audio Drama included in Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD, it looks like the company could already be working on something new related to the saga.
The full audio drama is now available on Youtube. Uploader ReikiKirei has also provided a summary for the drama, which takes places some time after the ending of Final Fantasy X-2. The described events really seem to hint at a possible Final Fantasy X-3 game.
– Most of this bonus audio are told by 2 characters: Chuami and Kurugum. They are sent to Besaid Island by Baralai to search for Yuna.
– Tidus isn’t together with Yuna anymore, but of course, the real reason isn’t explained. At the beggining of the drama, when Chuami, one of the protagonists asks Yuna about Tidus being her boyfriend, she still confirms, but at another point (although
I’m sure it’s a lie) when the 2 protagonists are spying a convo between them, she is jealous about some Tidus’ friend (Marufi – a friend according to him). Then, she tells him she doesn’t care anymore and apparently got another person she likes. Weird enough, he just ask: Who?, which she replies “Someone you don’t know.”
– Later though, Tidus asks Lulu if she know about who could be Yuna’s new love. Lulu gets pretty disappointed and says she thought Tidus would know Yuna a little bit more. She then tells Tidus to figure it himself.
– The weird part about this is when Kurugum, the other protagonists, tells Chuami that he likes Yuna and they should separate from each other. (Like they are trying to induce people to believe he is Yuna’s new love, but I doubt it could be, as he has a voice of a 14 years old kid).
– Tidus is still a Blitzball star, but when Chuami handshake him, she notices he’s pretty injured and with no energy at all, although he is trying to hide it. Later, when she meets him again, hiding from someone in Bevelle, she also notices he’s injured. This may be related to why he and Yuna aren’t together anymore.
– Apparently, Yuna woke up from her “bad dream” (aka her FFX-2 version) and is talking like her FFX self again. Rikku and Paine aren’t mentioned in this bonus audio.
– Sin is back, although it’s not explained why and how it’s back. It’s told, however, that it was activated by something (note that they use the word Summoned anymore).
– One of the protagonists (Chuami) of this bonus audio drama claims to be Auron’s daughter, although this is confronted by Lulu when she mentions about it. Lulu even saus she doesn’t look like Auron like Yuna looked like Braska and Tidus looked like Jecht.
– When she asks Lulu if her mother is a liar, she tells her that she wouldn’t go so far, but if Auron was really her father, he would definitively make sure she would know, because that’s how Auron was.
– In the end of the bonus audio, Yuna’s famous words from FFX about defeating Sin are back, with the crowd cheering. You know what that means, right?
This audio drama in quite strange and seems to have some contradictions with what was seen in the previous game. FF X-2 events seems to be considered as a “dream”. But then how can Tidus be alive since he’s brought back at the end of that game? A true mystery.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Final Fantasy Scenario Writer Hints At The Possibility Of A New Final Fantasy X Game
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 Get A Next-Gen Makeover
- Final Fantasy X Looks and Sounds Awesome.
- You Can Now Upload Your Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Videos On Youtube
- Final Fantasy V Heading To Mobiles: Possible Remake Rumored