Square Enix absolutely messed up Final Fantasy 11 launch, releasing the game in an incomplete state and they have paid for thir mistakes: the game’s producer went as far as saying that the MMORPG has tarnished both the company and the series reputation. With so much at stake, this time the Japanese publisher is being very serious in making the game’s new version as successful as possible: Final Fantasy 11: A Realm Reborn will have so many new features that we really can talk about a completely new game.
The Beta testing phase for the game is about to begin and all the players who have been able to get in can play the game on February 25, when the first phase of the testing will begin. Included in this first phase of the beta are the new Full Active Time Events, new dungeons designs for Level 30 characters and a new guilhest. In the latest Letter From The Producer, Yoshida san has also shared some more details on the beta testing of the game:
- Phase 1 characters will be deleted at the start of phase 2.
- The data center will be located in Japan.
- Between 5 and 10 Worlds will be available.
- All races and genders will be playable.
- Certain customization options will be unavailable until phase 3.
- The level cap will be set to 35.
- Eorzea time will be implemented (morning, afternoon, evening, night, etc.)
- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.
- The following will be implemented for testing: Main scenario (partial) / Sidequests / Class quests / Full Active Time Events
- Hunting Log / New behest / Dungeons (up to level 35)
- Opening event (excluding CG movie) / Cutscenes / Player Search
- Markets / Item Search (text strings, HQ, materia, etc.) / Other
- In addition to the above, the following is also scheduled: Fall damage testing / Alpha feedback revisions (part I) /Alpha UI feedback revisions (part I) / Graphical tweaks / Performance optimization
Article from Gamersyndrome.com