Ubisoft has launched a free Far Cry 3 App entitled “The Outpost” for iOS and Android. The Outpost lets you decode encrypted data for multiplayer and co-op and unlock advanced weapons, as well as earn bonus exp. It also lets you view and customize your loadout on the go, keep track of your progress, stats and even maps that you’ve made in the game’s map editor.
LONDON, UK – January 9, 2013 – Today, Ubisoft announced the release of Far Cry Outpost, a new mobile companion app for Far Cry 3®, now available on iOS and Android platforms.
With this Far Cry 3 mobile app for Multiplayer and Co-op, players can decode the encrypted data found during game sessions to earn advanced weapon mods and customize their Loadouts on the go. Far Cry Outpost also allows players to track their progress through the daily and weekly challenges, check out their stats and compare with their friends, and keep track of the maps created via the in game map editor.
– Decode the encrypted data you find in game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
– View and customize your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
– Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
– Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
– Keep track of the maps you’ve made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favourited your maps.
For more information about Far Cry 3, please visit: http://far-cry.ubi.com/far-cry-3/en-gb/home/index.aspx
Download for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/far-cry-the-outpost/id576781855?mt=8
Download for Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.farcry.outpost
About Far Cry3:
Far beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by violence and human suffering, where your only escape is through drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, stranded in a place that has forgotten right from wrong, a place where you must live by the principles of violence to survive. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its roster of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity. You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2010-11 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1.039 billion. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, the Ubisoft logo, Ubisoft Massive, and the Ubisoft Massive logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek’s technology “CryEngine”.
KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
“PlayStation” and “PS3” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com