The new Tomb Raider game is quite different from the past entry of the series: the game requires a lot of skill to survive the harsh environments of the island and the tricky puzzles found in the temple. While the game is not overly difficult, there are some elements new to the series that players need to know if they want to play the game right and enjoy the game to the fullest. Tomb Raider clearly stresses out the survival aspect of the new Lara Croft adventure and we’ll be going over some basic tips to guide you in the wilderness of the jungle and survive all the dangers. Most of these tips will help you in reading the environment better, as well as improving your combat skills. As already stated, Tomb Raider requires quite a bit of skill during all moments of the game so knowing everything about your basic actions can make you go a long way. After we’re done with the basics of the game, we will be delving deeper withing the game, also covering in details all the skills that Lara can learn during the course of the game: managing these skills is fundamental in surviving the huge jungle and conquering the game.
As you would expect from such a big setting, Tomb Raider is full of collectibles scattered all around. The best way to find them is investing in the Orienteering skill, which reveals collectibles hidden behind obstacles when using the Survival Instincts ability. Once spotted, they will be added to the map with a question mark icon; once found the icon will become a black icon. If the items can’te be currently reached they will be marked with a padlock axe.
There’s an easier way to know the location of all collectibles: find the treasure maps. Treasure maps can be found after completing optional tombs and finding them as collectibles in other areas. Here are all the maps’ locations.
- Coastal Forest (Complete map) – On a platform up a tree northeast of the Forest Ruins base camp
- Mountain Temple (Complete map) – Under a waterfall just west of the Mountain Temple base camp
- Mountain Village (Relic map) – Tomb of the Unworthy
- Mountain Village (GPS map) – Tomb of Ascension
- Mountain Base/Base Exterior (Complete map) – Down the zip line directly above the Radio Tower base camp
- Shanty Town (Relic map) – Well of Tears
- Shanty Town (GPS map) – Hall of Judgment
- Geothermal Caverns (Complete map) – On a raised platform just north of the Catacombs base camp
- Summit Forest (Relic map) – Stormguard Sanctum
- Shipwreck Beach (Relic map) – The Flooded Vault
- Shipwreck Beach (GPS map) – Temple of the Handmaidens
- Cliffside Bunker (Complete map) – Next to a sealed bunker entrance on your right after exiting the main bunker
- Research Base (Complete map) – In the corridor after beating the lift puzzle
- Chasm Shrine (Complete map) – On a raised platform above the winch puzzle
Article from Gamersyndrome.com