Fans of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 playing the game on the PS3 are upset and have started an angry forum thread, after they discovered that their downloadable content codes are unredeemable.
The thread is on the official EU PlayStation website, wherein PS3 owners have been reported that the DLC codes they received with pre-ordered copies of Black Ops 2 (standard, Hardened and Care Package Editions) are broken. This means that they are currently unable to access the Nuketown 2025 and Nuketown Zombies maps we reported on the other day.
To make matters worse, this has happened just before the upcoming double XP play session this weekend.
Sony told many customers who contacted them that their DLC code had already been redeemed in Germany, suggesting that there has been a mix-up and duplicate codes for the German PlayStation Store were somehow placed into UK boxes.
One user contributed the following to the thread:
“I rang Sony and they said that my code had been redeemed in Germany. Activision support tweeted me saying that my code should work. I don’t know who to trust. I’m not bothered with double XP although it would be nice. I feel that £160 on Care Package Edition is now a waste of money and Activision are just milking it!”
This isn’t the only mistake to come out of the Black Ops 2 launch, after customers found that Mass Effect 2 had been placed in the box instead of the second disc.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Black Ops 2’s Nuketown Zombies Map Available in December via Season Pass
- Order Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Now and Receive Tomorrow, Says UK Retailer
- Get Some Borderlands 2 Special Halloween Skin SHIFT Codes by Gearbox
- Activision: Another Next-Gen Console Will Challenge Wii U Next Year – PS4 or Next Xbox Incoming?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Marvel Superhero Easter Egg