After months of anticipation Persona 4 Golden finally has a release date for Vita. Persona 4 Golden was Japans best selling Vita title ever. Of course the Vita hasn’t even been out for a year yet, but the pure number of copies sold, AND of Vitas sold solely to get ahold of this game, are very impressive.
Persona 4 Golden has received a ton of enhancements from the PlayStation 2′s original Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. From the Official PlayStation Blog Atlus’ own Aram Jabbari has made a list of just a few of them,
- You can now sneak out at night when your uncle Dojima is out at work (which is frequent, as he’s a veteran police detective). Every conversation and event discovered during this time – heck, even the music that plays – is all new. Moreover, many areas, like Shiroku store in the shopping district, serve a different purpose after dark.
- You can get night jobs, on top of the clubs you might join after school, that allow you to further advance your character (not to mention roam the city at night without having to hope your uncle is out).
- The game now offers a Very Easy and Very Hard difficulty option (in addition to the existing Easy, Normal, and Hard settings).
- You can now easily speed through cutscenes and lengthy exchanges (maybe it’s your umpteenth playthrough?) by holding the Triangle button or by double tapping Start.
- Load times are ridiculously fast. Almost every load is approximately 3 seconds or less, whether PS Vita game card or PSN download.
- The fishing mini-game has been expanded to include new fish, many of which are exclusive to the evening, providing yet another layer of addiction and depth.
This is a major makeover. If you loved the first Persona 4, or are a fan of the series at all, I recommend picking this game up. Persona 4 was easily one of my favorite Persona titles, and I’m excited to finally get my hands on the new-and-improved title.Honestly I’m probably most excited about the new fish in the minigame. Little games like that within the games always sink more time away than I’m proud to admit.
Persona 4 Golden will be releasing on November 20th for the PlayStation Vita. Some retailers are offering a free protective Vita skin for pre-orders of the physical copy. For more information about Persona 4 Golden visit the official site.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com