A post on Twitter has just revealed that Guardians of the Middle Earth from Monolith Productions will be available on the Xbox Live Arcade a day later than anticipated, December 5. The game is still on track for the PS3 release on December 4, where it will be available both as a digital download and a retail release.
“A shadow grows over Middle-earth as the greatest armies of the Third Age prepare for the coming battle. Take up arms in the clash over Middle-earth with the most powerful heroes from the greatest fantasy epic of all time. Form memorable and unlikely alliances with and against friends as the wildly popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena genre comes to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.
- Enter the fray in epic 5 versus 5 engagements with live players or AI combatants
- Fight as over 20 iconic guardians from Middle-earth — each with different strengths and abilities to develop and master
- Purchase items and buffs between matches using in-game currency earned through combat
- Track victories and defeats at any time through stat and leaderboard systems
- Coordinate with allies using in-game voice communication for a uniquely social Multiplayer Online Battle Arena experience
- Engage in the continuing conflict over Middle-earth with new guardians to be revealed post launch, with several released in conjunction with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey motion picture to deliver gamers a deeper connection to Peter Jackson’s epic film”
So there you have it. If you’re a fan of the Lord of the Rings or just multiplayer, you might wanna check this out from the makers of Gotham City Impostors.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com