Minecraft is definitely one of the most successful games in this generation, despite a simple premise but lots and lots of freedom. The game was ported to many devices, like iOS and Android powered ones, even getting a console version released on Xbox 360. Developers are trying their best to bring the Xbox 360 version up to date with the Pc release.
To this end a new update dubbed update 7 will bring some much requested features from the Pc version to the Xbox 360 one. The updates will be the same as the Java version 1.0.1, without ‘The End’, coming in the next update. Here’s come highlights of Update 7:
- Animal Breeding – feed two of the same animals a particular food and they’ll “kiss” and like magic a little baby animal will appear. Cute!
- Brewing – You’ll be able to make Potions! Pull up a Brewing Stand and experiment.
- Experience Points – Now you can collect Experience Orbs from mining, killing mobs, breeding and using Furnaces. Experience is used for Enchanting!
- Enchanting– A new process which uses your Experience points to grant special abilities to armour, tools and weapons. You’ll need to craft yourself an Enchantment table to get started.
- Mushroom Biome – A new type of land where the humble mushroom is king. New block Mycelium can be found here and Mooshrooms! Try growing yourself a giant mushroom.
- Nether Fortresses – a structure that can appear in the Nether, bringing new blocks to the game too. Nether Fortresses are the Nether equivalent of Strongholds. Look out for the Blaze which can found in these new structures, they’ve got a habit of shooting out fire.
- Skin animations – Some of your skins will have new animations (optional) to give them a bit more life and personality of their own. It’s something new and something that will be expanded upon as we do future updates, even older skins might get given their own animations as time goes on, so keep a look out for them in the future too. You may also notice that skins can have hats, and stuff…
To know more about the update you can go here. Seeing how this update will feature the Festive Skins, it’s surely coming before Christmas
Article from Gamersyndrome.com