Time to beginning collecting the Star Coins located in world 6 of New Super Mario Bros U, Rock Candy Mines.
- Rock Candy Mines
- The first coin is in plain view and easy to get with Yoshi’s help: simpy hover to get it
- To get to the pipe leading to the second coin, right before the checkpoint, you’ll need to use Yoshi’s hover ability. Without it, it’s rather hard to get to the pipe
- The third coin of this stage requires Yoshi as well: it’s in the area with a lot of piranha plants. Eat them with Yoshi and reach the Star Coin with ease.
- The first coin is near the sign pointing down: jump on the right platform and then jump again to reveal an invisible block. Use it to get over the wall and to get the coin.
- A bit after the checkpoint you’ll see two red pipes with a small opening between them: only mini Mario can make it down undamaged.
- The last star coin of the stage is right above the random item block: jump on the block and then jump again to reveal a hidden beanstalk. Get all the coins and in the end you’ll see the Star Coin as well.
Grind Stone Tower
- After you get the mini mushroom keep going up and you’ll see a red pipe: go the left and into the mini green pipe.
- After getting coin number 1, go to the left until you see a wall: the star coin is close by.
- Once you’re pretty close to the top of the tower, you’ll see a mini pipe to the right. Get through it and you’ll reach the last star coin for the stage.
- The first coin is inside a red pipe past some piranha plants. Ground pound the second path to get the coin.
- Close to the check point is a P block, below to the left: use it to make a brown block platform appear. Run on it to wall kick and get the Star Coin.
- The last Star Coin for the stage is in plain view near the end of the stage: you’ll see a platform going down. Just keep going down, avoid enemies and you’ll see the Star Coin.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com