In the third part of the Star Coins guide we’ll complete getting all coins for the second world in the game, Layer Cake Desert. Let’s get to it!
- Layer Cake Desert
Dry Desert Mushrooms
- The first Star Coin is hard to miss: it’s located between two spikes and it’s in plain view.
- The second coin is right after the checkpoint: time your jump to get onto the mushroom and get the coin
- The third Star Coin is close to the second: get into the green pipe below the mushroom. Inside the pipe activate the POW block and run quickly to get the last Star Coin.
- The first Star Coin for this stage is in plain views, near a koopa and some blocks. Jump and get the coin.
- After the checkpoint keep going forward to see a POW block and a Lakitu: get on his cloud and get past the coins to enter a pipe.
- The last Star Coin is also going to be in plain sight near the end of the stage: time your jumps and avoid all the piranha plants
Piranha Plants On Ice
- To grab the Star Coins in this stage you need to be really quick: the first one is between two piranha plants and if you’re not fast enough an ice block will block the way to the coin.
- The second coin is inside an invisible pipe close to the green coins loop: wall kick from the right to the left and then right again. Get inside the pipe and take your time avoiding the enemies inside the pipe.
- The last Star Coin in the stage is right below the pipe leading to the second coin: jump from block to block to reach the coin.
Morton Jr. Castle
- The first coin of the castle is in plain view: start getting speed on the bigger platform and keep up the speed while jumping on the smaller ones to reach the coin.
- The second star coin is close to the previous one: it’s in a pipe close to a visible red pipe with a platform hovering down it. Once inside the pipe to the right just wall jump and you’ll get the Star Coin.
- The final Star Coin for this stage and World requires some patience: you’ll need some quick jumping on the platforms past the checkpoint to grab the Star Coin. There’s actually a trick that will help you: grab the coins and use that location to plan ahead, you won’t be crushed by waiting where the coins are.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- New Super Mario Bros U World 2 Layer Cake Desert Star Coins Guide Part 1
- New Super Mario Bros U World 1 Acorn Plains Star Coins Guide Part 1
- New Super Mario Bros U World 6 Rock Candy Mines Star Coins Guide Part 1
- New Super Mario Bros U World 7 Meringue Clouds Star Coins Guide Part 3
- New Super Mario Bros U World 1 Acorn Plains Star Coins Guide Part 2