Keeping up with the Star Coins tradition of the New Super Mario Bros series, New Super Mario Bros U requires players to find all Star Coins, 3 for each stage, to truly 100% the game. Some of them may not be that easy to get so we’re here to help you once again!
- Acorn Plains
Acorn Plains Way
- The first Star coin is really hard to miss, you’ll find it by moving ahead at the beginning of the stage and use the new Flying Squirrel Suit.
- The second Star Coin is in the first pipe you’ll see after getting the first Star Coin.
- The third Star Coin is close to the end of the stage, where the game will teach you how to do the glide jump: there’s a pipe going up. Once inside the pipe glide down, avoid the enemies and grab the Star Coin.
- The first Star Coin is located close to a sequence of piranha plant pies. You’ll see a moving platform: get onto it and you should see a slope with a bunch of goombas, at the end of the slop run and jump and you should reach the Star Coin without any problem.
- The second Star Coin is located after the POW block area: use the shell of the red koopa to hit the second brown block over the red pipe: climb the bean stalk. Up there you’ll see a lone green pipe: jump inside and the Star Coin will be yours.
- The final Star Coin for this stage is near the sign with the arrow pointing down: ground pound near the sign and you’ll be able to proceed down. After the slope there’s the Star Coin.
Crushing Cog Tower
- The first Star Coin is hard to miss: head to the right of the blockwith the Ice Flower and do a wall jump to reach the Star Coin.
- The second Star Coin is near the platforms with the skeleton koopas: one of them has a ring of coins over him. Freeze him with an ice shot and jump through the ring: a block will appear, use it to jump and grab that Star Coin.
- The third Star Coin is close to the first Ice Flower block after the checkpoint: head up to the first spinning cog to reach the cave directly up the second cog. You should see a pipe below, enter and you’ll be getting the final Star Coin for this stage.
- The first star Coin is close to the first Yoshi: hover while on the Yoshi to grab your first coin.
- The second Star Coin is close to the first one: keep moving on and you’ll notice some brown blocks on the ground. Ground pound the blocks while on Yoshi, get inside the red pipe and grab the Star Coin after eating the piranha plants.
- The third Star Coin is after the checkpoint , close to the 2 ? blocks with the two rows of coins close. There’s a pit below, jump down and get inside the pipe to collect your Star Coin.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- New Super Mario Bros U World 1 Acorn Plains Star Coins Guide Part 2
- New Super Mario Bros U World 2 Layer Cake Desert Star Coins Guide Part 2
- New Super Mario Bros U World 2 Layer Cake Desert Star Coins Guide Part 1
- New Super Mario Bros U World 6 Candy Rock Mines And World 7 Meringue Clouds Star Coins Guide
- New Super Mario Bros U World 6 Rock Candy Mines Star Coins Guide Part 1