more zombies.. can you ever get enough zombie killing on your way to work? probably a rhetorical question. Now released on iphone Dawn of the Dead, based on the original movie title players of the game will actually play through various levels of the game matched to the movie such as the infamous crossroads mall.
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – Jan. 19, 2010 – Zombies are on the loose and invading your iPhone and iPod touch in the newly announced Dawn of the Dead game, created by Bytemark Games and Universal Partnerships & Licensing. Based on the smash hit movie of the same name, the Dawn of the Dead App takes you inside the legendary Crossroads Mall in a series of intense and terrifying levels as you fight to survive an onslaught of bloodthirsty zombies.
“We are thrilled to bring this hit movie to life as we challenge gamers of all levels to defeat the undead and survive by any means necessary, ” says Bytemark CEO, Jon Walsh.
“Bytemark’s reputable lineage in the interactive space is beautifully showcased by the Dawn of the Dead App with its creative use of the iPhone OS platform’s remarkable capabilities,” said Calvin Lim, Director of Mobile Sales, Universal Partnerships & Licensing. “Fans of this timeless classic and zombie enthusiasts alike can now play out each terrifying moment anywhere they go.”
About the Game
A terrifying zombie plague of unknown origin has broken out in your town. You’ve escaped your zombie-infested suburb and arrived at the entrance to the Crossroads Mall. Now you must fight to reach other survivors and get out alive.
- Play as one of three characters, each with different attributes; the nurse, the police officer, or the salesman.
- Discover new, more powerful weapons as you make your way through the mall.
- Survive by any means necessary: find and use a variety of guns or get up close and personal with a baseball bat, golf club, axe and more.
- Visuals created from fully rendered 3D models establish an unmatched sense of realism and immersion.
- Two ways to play: Play through Story mode or test your skills in a variety of intense un-lockable Challenges.
- Multiple levels of difficulty offer a challenge for any level iPhone gamer.
- 5 unique levels that take you from the parking lot to the terrifying underbelly of the Crossroads Mall.
The Dawn of the Dead App is available for $1.99, from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dawn-of-the-dead/id347666921?mt=8
About Dawn of the Dead
After a terrifying escape from her suburban Wisconsin home on the morning after, Ana Clark (SARAH POLLEY) runs into a small group of the still-living, including: a stoic police officer, Kenneth (VING RHAMES); Michael, an unassuming electronics salesman (LAKE WEBER); a street-rough Andre (MEKHI PHIFER) and his pregnant wife. This ragtag group seeks refuge in a fortress of the late 20th Century – an abandoned, upscale suburban mall.
As the world outside grows more hellish, as the ever-increasing army of decomposing zombies tirelessly strive to infiltrate the mall, the survivors battle the undead, each other and their own fears and suspicions.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com