This holiday season gamers can expect an interesting twist on word games to come to the Iphone and Ipod Touch. The Poet gives players a set of cards with one or more words on them. Players will then have to arrange them, in the shortest amount of time, in the correct order to form the quote that they represent.
The game gives players a limited amount of tries to complete each quote, and every time a card is placed in the wrong order the player loses a life. When a correct sentence is made, players earn points and bonuses, and then advance to the next level. The quicker the sentence is made, the more points are earned.
If players have trouble arranging one of the sentences correctly, they can use one of the bonuses that they have previously earned. Bonuses include suggestions (first card, next card, first half of the sentence) and a special “skip to the next sentence”.
The game also includes a social componant to it. Every ten levels that are completed, the player will earn an achievement. They can then show off this achievement to all of their friends on Facebook. Players can also publish their score and their favorite quotes.
- Great graphics and exciting sound effects
- Configurable difficulty levels
- Automatic save/restore when you exit or receive a phone call
- Shake the device to shuffle the cards
- 10 different achievements (Which means that there are 100 levels)
- Facebook® publishing system for quotes, high scores and achievements
- Localized archive of quotes (English, Spanish and Italian)
Over-all, the game looks like a fun way to learn famous quotes to use against your friends. I would also recommend learning the quotes to use in school papers – teachers love famous quotes. More information about the game can be found at the official website.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com