Today, Turbine Inc. announced the release of The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood.
Siege of Mirkwood is now available as a digital download with an increased level cap, the new region of Mirkwood including the legendary evil fortress of Dol Guldur, major enhancements to combat, Legendary Items, and the introduction of Skirmishes, randomized, repeatable instances where players will train customizable soldiers and take them into battle as part of the War of the Ring.
New Features for the Expansion Include:
- The Epic Conclusion to Volume II: Mines of Moria™ – Under the command of Celeborn and Galadriel, players will fight through vast armies of Orcs alongside the Elves of Lórien in a battle that will take them to Dol Guldur, the fortress of the Ringwraiths. This update includes Book 9 and the Epilogue to the sweeping epic tale begun with the award-winning Mines of Moria expansion.
- Increased Level Cap — Players will be able advance their characters up to level 65, gaining access to new traits, virtues, skills and class quests.
- Answer the Call of War! – Jump into the heat of battle with the new Skirmishes feature. Skirmishes offer endless action in repeatable, randomized instances where players can create and lead customizable soldiers into battle, training them to greater skill as they earn victories against the forces of shadow. Answer the call of war wherever violence erupts with the new “World Join” function that lets players and their fellowships band together to fight in various locations throughout Middle-earth.
- Take up Arms! – Infiltrate the dark jails, deadly arenas and savage stables of Dol Guldur, the fortress of the Ringwraiths, and strike a blow against Sauron’s forces in new 3 and 6-player instances. Call upon your fellows to adventure into the most deadly 12-player raid yet and face the ultimate challenge – the Nazgûl Lord!
- Major Gameplay Enhancements – Turbine continues to improve the award-winning experience of LOTRO with major improvements to the combat and Legendary Items systems. Players will experience improved responsiveness when in the heat of battle. Players will also be able to create and craft their own customized Second and Third Age Legendary Items from raw materials and grow their weapons’ power to level 60. Achieve new Legacies, new titles, and a fourth Runic slot that will make Legendary Items even more unique and powerful.
Additionally, Turbine Inc. has released the launch trailer for the game.
If player’s wish to purchase the digital expansion pack, they can do that here for the low price of $29.99 (players also receive an additional free month of gameplay.) If you haven’t tried out Lord of the Rings Online, it is definitely worth giving a try. Turbine Inc. offers a free ten day trial, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com
- Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Tower Raid Screenshots
- New Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Screenshots Released
- New Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Trailer and Screenshots
- Lord Of The Rings Online – Siege Of Mirkwood
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood Trailer