Electronic Arts inc. have proudly announced that their superhit racing game has sold over 100 million copies to date, making it the world’s most successful racing game. EA are proud to own yet another of one of the most popular video games in the world.
To celebrate this, EA have unveiled some curios facts about the NfS series:
The Need for Speed series …
– contains 15 games on 14 platforms
– has been translated into 22 languages and is sold in 60 countries
– has 279 billion miles driven by players
– spawned trillions of cars customized by the players
– measures a length of 173609 football fields if the boxes of all the games are placed in line.
Also interesting: The first Need for Speed …
– fit completely into 1 MByte RAM
– has cars that are build of 70 polygons at max
– had a development team of which 26 people are still working for EA
Article from Gamersyndrome.com