Haarlem, The Netherlands – 2 November 2009 – Premier videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive is very pleased to announce the signing of the UK publishing rights to the re-mastered The Director’s Cut version of Darkling Room’s horror adventure for PC ‘Dark Fall: Lights Out’, the 2nd adventure in the Dark Fall saga. The agreement follows earlier agreements between the companies on Iceberg publishing the 3rd Dark Fall volume Lost Souls and the bundle Adventures in Terror. All three games are set for a November 2009 release.
Lights Out received a lot of acclaim upon its original release in 2004. Dark Fall series creator Jonathan Boakes, who also wrote the successful ghost-hunting title The Lost Crown, has been adding content to the original Lights Out adventure ever since its release, resulting in a much boosted Director’s Cut edition to be re-released shortly. The new version includes many additional features such as new graphics and effects, new puzzles and an enhanced story, new spooks and thrills with more ghostly encounters, as well as new additional music and sound to bring the game world even more to life.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive says: “‘Lights Out is a great adventure, based on a real life event of people who vanished from a lighthouse about 100 years ago. We are proud to be re-releasing this eerie adventure’s final cut, boosted to perform under modern Windows versions and using many upgrades to satisfy both curious newcomers as well as collectors of the Dark Fall series who want to delve deeper into the story and enjoy fresh new parts and puzzles in the game.”
About Dark Fall: Lights Out – The Director’s Cut Edition
Three men once manned the lighthouse on Fetch Rock, but they vanished without trace on New Year, 1900. No-one knows what really happened to those three poor souls, and no-one is brave enough to stay in the lighthouse, alone, after dark. Except you…travel to Fetch Rock Island, and discover what really happened…
‘Fetch’ is the old English word for ‘ghost’; The old lighthouse is built upon something ancient and terrible, causing manifestations, time distortions and unexplainable paranormal events. Only by jumping through time, from the ancient Bronze Age to a futuristic research base, will you be able to uncover what is really happening on fetch Rock. Was your arrival upon the Island, that foggy night, really coincidence, or is someone, or something calling to you, across time.
• A brand new ‘Directors Cut’ with new scenes, ghosts & puzzles.
• Re-mastered for Windows XP and Vista.
• Explore the historic Lighthouse in four different eras.
• Discover what happened to the Lighthouse Keepers, that foggy night.
• Communicate with the dead to solve puzzles and mysteries.
• A spooky tale by Jonathan Boakes, author of The Lost Crown.
• Delve into a non-linear story, based upon a real event.
• Use Time Portals to jump through time, exploring the past and future.
• Experience the life and times of a Victorian Lighthouse.
• Realistic world to explore, based on a real location.
• Full audio experience and spooky soundtrack.
Article from Gamersyndrome.com