ok you are thinking.. not another MMORPG.. but the much anticipated Karos is sure to impress you with its 3d MMORPG play (see screen shots below). Better get on the next closed Beta for Karo as they will be giving away prizes!
Seoul, Korea – Thursday, October 15th, 2009 – NHN Corporation announced today that the next closed beta event for its free-to-play MMORPG Karos Online will be filled with opportunities for players to win prizes. The event, which is scheduled to take place from 23rd to 25th October, will feature lots of great prizes and several ways for players to win:
• Collect lottery tickets: Each player joining the beta will receive an in-game lottery ticket as a welcome gift, and every thirty minutes one lucky player will be selected to receive a bundle of 30 Potions of Rejuvenation, which restore health and mana simultaneously – a must for the well-prepared player! Additional lottery tickets may be found as loot drops, and as a by-product of crafting. The more tickets you hold, the better your odds of winning.
• Fight boss monsters: Four powerful bosses are menacing Asmara – kill one or more to become eligible to win prizes including a Rejuvenation Potion bundle, Strength Potions and even a Gold Wolf mount! Defeat all four bosses for the best chance.
• Submit bug reports: The top thirty players submitting bug reports will also be awarded 30 Potions of Rejuvenation as a thank-you gift.
All prizes will be awarded directly to the winning players during the Karos Online Open Beta, to be held later this year. To apply for beta participation, simply create an account at www.karosgame.com and click ‘Apply Now’. If you have been accepted into a previous beta event, you will receive instructions two to three days before the event begins (there is no need to re-apply).
More details and features will be revealed as the closed beta continues. Karos Online is scheduled to be released in English during Q4 2009, with versions in German and Turkish to follow later.
Karos Online – Stunning 3D Action Fantasy MMORPG
Karos Online (http://www.karosgame.com) is a brand new free-to-play fantasy MMORPG developed by Galaxy Gate (lead developers of Laghaim and Last Chaos), to be published in Europe and North America by NHN Corporation. An English release is scheduled for Q4 2009, with German and Turkish versions to follow.
In Karos Online, players take the role of a hero determined to defeat the curse of darkness falling over the world of Asmara and ascend to ultimate glory by becoming the mythical Karos warrior. Through questing, guild clashes and mass PvP, they enter the fight for domination over the world’s vital energy source, Fletta. Fletta provides the basis for the game’s unique and complex alternate progression system; alongside traditional leveling within the game, Fletta energy can be used to increase stats, give buffs, buy resources and enchant items.
With a strong RPG component, wide range of class skills and fantastic visual combat effects, Karos Online offers a rich player experience and an exciting end-game for guilds, including castle sieges and resource control points. There are a variety of dynamic dungeons to explore, with shifting paths and surprises to challenge players as they progress in level. The economy is well-developed, with mining, fishing and crafting elements, and a consignment system for storage.
Karos Online offers rare graphical quality for its small client size, has low minimum requirements, and will be accessible to a vast range of computers. Videos demonstrating graphics and gameplay are now available on the official website at www.karosgame.com, and more features will be revealed as the closed beta test continues.
Karos Online features
• Breathtaking 3D graphics and combat action effects
• 5 different races and 9 original classes, evolving into 36 different specialized classes
• Dynamic, evolving dungeons with shifting paths and surprises
• Guild wars, territory control and large-scale castle siege battles
• Alternate Fletta level progression system
• Elaborate mining, fishing and crafting system
• Small client size (760MB) and low minimum PC requirements
• Keyboard and mouse control both available
Article from Gamersyndrome.com